Natural Remedies for a Sinus Infection
- Category - Health
- September 30,2018
- By Malinda
A sinus infection is short-term inflammation of the mucous membranes of the paranasal sinuses that surround the nasal cavity. Symptoms include sneezing, nasal discharge, facial pressure, headache, fever, cough, chills, difficulty smelling, and tenderness over the affected area.
Natural remedies include:
- Castor oil applied to the skin stimulates the lymphatic system and boost immune function in that area.
- Garlic is a potent anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and anti-bacterial. It can be eaten whole, taken as a tablet, or used as essential oil in a steam treatment.
- Tumeric is a natural anti-inflammatory, it can be drunk as a tea, or taken in tablet form.
- Hot and cold compresses, one minute of cold and 30 seconds of hot done 7 times starting with the cold, and ending with cold, brings blood to the affected area and reduces inflammation.
- Decreasing your sugar intake will reduce inflammation and congestion to the area
- Change filters in you’re A/C unit often, this decreases the amount of mold, dust, viruses, and bacteria blown through the air.
Remember always to consult your Doctor.